Susan Lusty Excellence in Publication Writing Award
The Association of Physician Assistants in Cardiovascular Surgery (APACVS) is excited to announce the Susan Lusty Excellence in Publication Writing Award. APACVS is looking for PAs who wish to share their scholarly knowledge, hands-on experience, and professional insight with fellow APACVS members through the published articles.
This award honors Susan Lusty, RN, the only non-PA winner of the esteemed Kirklin Award. Susan, who was the founding editor of Surgical PA and who passed away in 2003, encouraged surgical PAs to submit their written pieces and offered a professional forum for their publication. The APACVS is grateful to Susan for her inspiration to PAs and her passion to share the writings of others. To be eligible for this award, the following criteria must be met:
- The awardee must be a member, in good standing, of the APACVS.
- The awardee must be a primary or secondary author of the manuscript.
- The manuscript must be published in a peer-reviewed Index Medicus journal.
- The manuscript must be relevant to the practice of cardiovascular and thoracic surgery or critical care.
- The manuscript must be < 2 years old, to ensure that the paper is clinically relevant.
- Adjudication of the award will be accomplished by a committee appointed by the President of the APACVS.
- Members of the review committee, the Board of Directors, and the CME Committee are ineligible to receive the award.
Manuscripts must be submitted electronically to the APACVS National Office by October 31st. This award will be given annually at the Winter Meeting. The manuscript will be introduced by the President at the end of the President's address and will be the opening presentation at the meeting.
Questions about the submission process should be sent to: Ed Ranzenbach, PA-C, MPAS, FAPACVS, firstname.lastname@example.org, 414-908-4952 or 877-221-5651.