The Benefits of APACVS Membership
Receive the many benefits of membership
in the Association of Physician Assistants in
Cardiovascular Surgery (APACVS)
- APACVS presents two annual educational meetings, one focused on cardiac, vascular and thoracic surgery, one focused on cardiothoracic critical care.
- APACVS hosts several hands-on sessions including a Certificate of Completion in Invasive Skills Course, a Thoracoscopic Surgical First Assistant Course, a Cardiothoracic
Surgery Advanced Life Support Course, Mechanical Assist Course, and many others planned for the coming years.
- APACVS co-sponsors the Allied Health Symposium and Critical Care Symposium at the annual AATS meeting.
- APACVS website provides a database for on-line case and procedure logging.
- APACVS is developing web-based modules that are eligible for CME and will satisfy the new self-assessment recertification requirements.
- The annual Practice & Compensation Profile provides data on the role of the CVT PA in contemporary practice and the compensation received.
- The Association?s magazine, CardioVISION?, is published quarterly and keeps readers informed of news and events affecting the cardiac, vascular and thoracic PA.
PROMOTION OF THE CVT PA
- APACVS Fellow Membership provides qualified members the opportunity to display a level of experience and excellence in practice through the use of the FAPACVS
designation. (One must be an Active member before applying to become a Fellow.)
- APACVS has developed and produced a CD-rom to help educate the medical community about what cardiac, vascular and thoracic PAs can do.
- APACVS exhibits at other CT Surgical meetings including the STS and EACTS meetings to promote the role of the cardiac, vascular and thoracic physician assistant to
surgeons, to hospital and practice administrators, and to PAs in other arenas.
- APACVS maintains professional liaison relationships with STS, AATS, AAPA, and AASPA and FACTS-Care. These liaisons have provided critical support for cardiac,
vascular and thoracic PAs facing regional and national legislative or regulatory battles and support our mission of education of the cardiac, vascular and thoracic
PA in all arenas.
- APACVS has a delegate in the AAPA House of Delegates, the legislative body of the AAPA. This representative has been vital in educating the non-CVT PA as to the critical
role the CVT PA plays in contemporary medicine.
- APACVS has developed positive, collaborative relationships with other professional organizations, including the NCCPA.